Narendrapur Ashrama had its earlier existence at Pathuriaghata, North Kolkata. The Ashrama at Pathuriaghata was started in 1943. Swami Hitanandaji (1943-44), Swami Ajayanandaji, 1944 and Swami Pranabeshanandaji (1944-46) were the first three secretaries there. Swami Lokeswaranandaji took charge of the Ashrama in 1946 and he shifted it to the present premises at Narendrapur during the period June 1956 to early 1958. He left Narendrapur in 1973. Following him Swami Mumukshanandaji (1973-76), Swami Asaktanandaji (1976-2009), Swami Suparnanandaji (2009-13) and Swami Sarvaganandaji (2013-16) were its secretaries one after another untill Swami Sarvalokanandaji took over in 2016.
The Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur